How Long Should A Mobility Scooter Last?
How long do mobility scooter batteries last?
A lot of factors affect mobility scooters batteries. If you find mobility scooters for sale nearby, you should keep these tips in mind to maximize their lifespan and output.
Britannia’s Cabin Car MK2 Mobility scooter is manufactured using lightweight fully insulate fiberglass shell meaning its battery range is more than similar to scooters. As it provides a massive 30 miles per charge from a 100Ah battery, it means you will never have a shortage of power from each charge.
Chargin your mobility scooter
It is very important to emphasize when and how frequently you charge your mobile scooters batteries as it decides how long your batteries will last. It is recommended that you follow these tips for making sure your batteries last long –
- Never allow a battery to get fully drained
- Avoid charging the battery after every short trip as it can result in overcharging. Instead, opt for overnight charging.
- If you aren’t using your mobility scooters for a long period of time, make sure that you charge its batteries at least once a month.
Storing your mobility scooter
You should make sure that the batteries are kept in a cool and dry place. Storing them in high temperatures will impact their output, effectiveness, longevity, and the recharging process. Heat and condensation tend to damage a mobility scooter’s electrics. Mobility scooters will last long when the battery is fully charged even though it isn’t being used.
Tips to make sure your mobility scooter lasts long
- If you are storing your mobility scooter for a long period of time, disconnect all the batteries from the scooter. This will allow the batteries to naturally drain their charge.
- Never harm your vehicle b charging its batteries in a wrong way. This will reduce the life of the batteries.
- Never connect your own lights or other similar items to the batteries as the battery can get ruined especially if the items are 12 volts.
- Avoid using a car-type charger for these batteries as it could permanently damage them. The charger which you get with the vehicle is designed specifically for that vehicle and for that purpose.
- Every now and then you should let the batteries run low as it can “rejuvenate” them for a while.
Britannia Mobility – The best when it comes to mobility scooters and batteries
For more information about our mobility scooters and batteries, you can visit our official website or give us a call at 0800 699 0017.
Furkan is the founder of Britannia Mobility. He has over 12 years experience of working in the mobility aids sector, and is passionate about researching ways in which people can live longer and more independently own their own homes.